1/26/10

Let it be...words of wisdom

I'm searching for wisdom. And an answer.  And I need to let it be, resolve naturally, let go to God.  Easier said than done because of the compassion I hold, the stake I have, the signs I'm following...until now.

Interpreting the signs is my challenge.  Which one to follow and which one to ignore and am I looking at the correct ones?  In the correct direction, the direction I think I need to face?  Am I even on the road made for me?  Let it be.

I continue to continue and I pray.  I do the best I can and I pray.  I thank God for my blessings and resolve to feel complete at the end of each day.  I'll be ready when my Lord decides to take me to his Heaven.  Live like it's my last day with the people I love, and my last day to try and to gain and to share and to smile and to cry and to laugh.  Live my best with people and for people.  Give, receive, learn, grow.  Grow in the sandy soil and tangled weeds.  Grow alongside other species.  Grow with little water and little sunshine.  Grow...live.

I write to remind myself.  If I think, then I will grow.  If I grow, then I will think, again and again.

The reason for my challenge is selfish.  The meaning of my challenge is selfless.  I take care of growing.  I tend to gardens.  I dig through the twisted roots and pinch back the overgrown leaves.  My commitment is not only to myself.  I am responsible.  And as I sow and grow, I feel a few of my petals drop off and my stem tending to bend.  My garden is being choked with competitive species.  Gradual growth.  Let it be.

Sometimes all I can do to see the day through is to keep my head down and my focus straight.  The bends are what throw me off.  In fact, I've begun to realize the unjustness of bending.  Bending out of my way to help others stay straight.  Unwelcome.  Bending over to pick others up.  Unwelcome.  Bending and reaching are incompatible in this garden, on this path.  My garden path is slowly transforming into a river of mud.  Let it be, right?

Revelation is unwelcome also.  Let it be.

All I can do here is my best, and be thankful for what I've got.
(John Mellencamp's words of wisdom)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful to your friend for encouraging you to start a blog. This was a really beautiful post. - G

~L said...

You are so kind Georgina. God bless you.