Blocking blogging
Standing in the way
Daily details queuing in my brain
Let’s explore:
A dreamy man telling me I’m beautiful, in my dream.
Let’s hold onto that one, shall we? May be a blog entry after all.
Teenager’s anxiety rebounding off parental inequities
Been there done that, work in progress, step away.
Taxes, FAFSA’s, CE credits, flex spending, 403b, PTO, on call, liquidity.
Good thing I like numbers, abbreviations are fun, and I’m earning income.
My lips are constantly chapped, no matter how often Burt’s Bees appears
One in the car, in my coat pocket, my purse, the bathroom, bedroom…buy stock.
What’s for dinner, who’s making it, who’s eating it, when?
I suck at planning.
I’m amazed at how I accomplish tasks at work, and have no energy left over for home. I think I just figured out why dinner’s not made.
Mood in the car, for 32 miles, twice daily…radio or cd, hard or soft rock, chill or thrill, electric or acoustic, new or comfortably numb, listen or sing, happy or sad…just drive.
Daily coffee, have my regular ready and throw in a scone please.
How late will I arrive to work this morning…do I need to touch base or speed?
Walk the dog, dress in layers, curse the wind, carry a poop bag.
Call your parents, they worry and wait.
Call your bff and meet for oatmeal and coffee.
Get to bed at a decent hour.
Brush your teeth, floss too.
Remember to read something fun and light, no texts, no work stuff, no news.
Brush up on empathic responses.
Hold out your hand to shake when they come in for the hug…practice policy.
Think positively.
Turn negatives into positives.
Lead by example.
Write neatly, deliberately, efficiently…officially.
Document their life. Document mine. On paper. Online.
Analyze emotions, keep them in check.
Know who you are. Know who they are. Know why.
Looking for what to eliminate, which stack of soul searching can be purged?
Can this be more important, more necessary, more than a passing fad…measure.
To act or not
To speak or silence
To listen or advise
To be me or what they want me to be
To open up or shut tight
Standing in the way
Daily details queuing in my brain
Let’s explore:
A dreamy man telling me I’m beautiful, in my dream.
Let’s hold onto that one, shall we? May be a blog entry after all.
Teenager’s anxiety rebounding off parental inequities
Been there done that, work in progress, step away.
Taxes, FAFSA’s, CE credits, flex spending, 403b, PTO, on call, liquidity.
Good thing I like numbers, abbreviations are fun, and I’m earning income.
My lips are constantly chapped, no matter how often Burt’s Bees appears
One in the car, in my coat pocket, my purse, the bathroom, bedroom…buy stock.
What’s for dinner, who’s making it, who’s eating it, when?
I suck at planning.
I’m amazed at how I accomplish tasks at work, and have no energy left over for home. I think I just figured out why dinner’s not made.
Mood in the car, for 32 miles, twice daily…radio or cd, hard or soft rock, chill or thrill, electric or acoustic, new or comfortably numb, listen or sing, happy or sad…just drive.
Daily coffee, have my regular ready and throw in a scone please.
How late will I arrive to work this morning…do I need to touch base or speed?
Walk the dog, dress in layers, curse the wind, carry a poop bag.
Call your parents, they worry and wait.
Call your bff and meet for oatmeal and coffee.
Get to bed at a decent hour.
Brush your teeth, floss too.
Remember to read something fun and light, no texts, no work stuff, no news.
Brush up on empathic responses.
Hold out your hand to shake when they come in for the hug…practice policy.
Think positively.
Turn negatives into positives.
Lead by example.
Write neatly, deliberately, efficiently…officially.
Document their life. Document mine. On paper. Online.
Analyze emotions, keep them in check.
Know who you are. Know who they are. Know why.
Looking for what to eliminate, which stack of soul searching can be purged?
Can this be more important, more necessary, more than a passing fad…measure.
To act or not
To speak or silence
To listen or advise
To be me or what they want me to be
To open up or shut tight
Reveal or hide
Think or let go
Go to god or trust nothing
Swear, yell, cry, laugh, lie
Hug, kiss, smooch, squeeze
Easy road or hard knocks
Sometimes I feel like I’m drowning
In my own dreams
Think or let go
Go to god or trust nothing
Swear, yell, cry, laugh, lie
Hug, kiss, smooch, squeeze
Easy road or hard knocks
Sometimes I feel like I’m drowning
In my own dreams
and if that dreamy man is telling me how beautiful I am…I can live with that.
(smiling)
(smiling)
4 comments:
A day in the life of... Expressed poetically, cogently, minutely, intensely, yet smilingly!
thanks Chuck...for forcing me to get out my dictionary! peace.
love this.
I may not be a 'dreamy man', but I'd be more than willing to tell you how lovely you are. :)
Post a Comment