4/12/11

lost post found

1/5/11

My heavy heart

He thinks there’s a quick fix.  He  looks for the solution, the answer to the problem, the resolution.  So we can go on with life as we know it.  That’s what he does, makes stuff work.  Today the message is from outside of him: we are not in control.  Our world looks messy today.  Your pain cries louder than my heart aches.  Your immobility reigns supreme over our days.  We stretch ourselves thin and wait and hope and wait more.  For the professional opinion and the prognosis.  Are we prepared?

From the moment I wake and the moment I sleep I’ll be there by your side~ coldplay

Loud and clear.  God’s work.  I do and you need.  That’s what it’s supposed to be.  My chance now, to take care.  My time to shine.  My care to give, love to lose, help to hurt.   No answers.  Not enough time.  Peace within is our refuge.  Clarity is unavailable.  Hope and faith stand at the front of the queue, leading our heavy hearts into the grey puddle of our tomorrow.   Living still, living despite the facts, life with lines…perpendicular and precarious. 

Spies hide out in every corner.  They can’t touch you, no.  They’re just spies~ coldplay

What about that corner?  Justified by our imagination, we tip toe closer to its edge.  We pray the turn will be smooth, the glance toward, quick and easy.  Driving ourselves against the wind and rain of one storm in order to fight through the next.  And as we wrestle our minds into sleep and our bodies into submission, the cruelty of unbelief lies dormant.  Our treasure boxes filled with trophies and certificates of achievement laugh at the prospect of finality.  What once was will never be the same.

Look how they shine for you…the stars, and all the things that you do. ~coldplay

Hush little baby, don’t you cry.  Mommy’s gonna buy you a mockingbird.  A diamond ring.  A mazarati.  The least invasive, fastest, least expensive, most gentle, most accommodating procedure, therapy, pain killer…whatever you want, you will get.  Or what?  Change.  Change your daily routine.  Change your plans, your travel, your business and pleasure and the way you see yourself.  What if your wings get clipped?  Will you find a different way to fly?  What if your spirit dims?  Will your heart spark fire?  What if your mind naps and your smile fades and your sarcastic wit withers?  I can hold your hand.  I can stroke your hair and kiss your forehead.  I cannot lift you.  I can try.  I can pray and wish and hope for you.  I cannot turn you around.  I am limited.  So are you.  Hush, rest now.  Conserve your strength.  Everything’s not lost.

Life is for living.  And I don’t want to live it alone. ~coldplay

2 comments:

Lceel said...

Wow. I really don't know what to say. But I'm here.

~L said...

all is good now. thanks for reading me Lou.
peace ~L