I checked into the local looney bin ten years ago. My kids were babies and so was I. Fear lingered daily as I swam through its depths searching for order and semblance. I felt like I wore black and slept in hell. Sleep was my respite. Sleep took me away from my thoughts and lack thereof.
Awake with the little hands of love and asleep soon after the waves and cheek pecks. Hurry up and sleep before kindergarten ends. Turn off the telephone’s ring, and never answer the doorbell. Cancel all appointments without rescheduling cuz you’re not brushing your teeth anyway. Avoid thinking about your husband’s frustration and disappointment of you. Pull up those blankets and close your eyes, let darkness embrace your heart. Sleep to forget how to live.
Awake with the little hands of love and asleep soon after the waves and cheek pecks. Hurry up and sleep before kindergarten ends. Turn off the telephone’s ring, and never answer the doorbell. Cancel all appointments without rescheduling cuz you’re not brushing your teeth anyway. Avoid thinking about your husband’s frustration and disappointment of you. Pull up those blankets and close your eyes, let darkness embrace your heart. Sleep to forget how to live.
No comments:
Post a Comment