2/2/10
I should be folding laundry...You Capture
One of my favorite blogs to read is "I should be folding laundry" written by a creative Midwestern mom. One of her talents is photography and she has created a sharing outlet for people like me, budding hobbyists. You may link to her weekly photographic fun here or linking on a widget in my right hand column...the one of the lady with a camera in her face titled "You Capture."
Even though I've been lurking around the laundry blog for weeks now, this is my first attempt in this venture. Each week brings a theme or starting point for our creative juices...this week we are challenged to find color in a winter scene. I believe I've succeeded.
Sunsets over Lake Michigan are coveted and this visit was no exception. Clad in boots and a few warm layers, hood up, gloves on, I spent an hour or so alone on the dog beach. The warmer months beckon dogs from every neighborhood to swim and romp and poop on these shores. This evening I was the sole inhabitant of God's graces. Even my husband could only stand by for 15 minutes before he slid off to familiar monotony. I shot hundreds of pictures using my new telephoto lens and I struggled to edit, crop, and choose the best to share. These are a few of the best, maybe...
topics:
color,
God,
Lake MI,
photography,
west MI,
You Capture
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
When I see photos like this, I always wonder, "Where do the people who live here go "to get away from it all?" This looks like paradise to me right now. Gorgeous photographs, thanks for posting them - G
Wow what beautiful shots and colors!
Welcome and I'm looking forward to seeing your future entries!
Post a Comment