Virus attacked and spread
my friends are infected
my address in the spider web of space is mucking up the works
will you still be my frined
even when I'm clean?
to depend on a machine for breath
maybe mistake
misstep of opportunity
write my thoughts
wait for response
read my friends
mail my money
reconnections and referrals
resume and rejections
news
notes
lyrics
poems
pics and pans
photos to scan
Quickly use your open window
bill gates isn't watching
or protected from my virus
ACHOO!
you got it now
however much you depend
however much you search your engine
it's never enough
more
more
more to type and text
torture!
Ipads
Iphones
Itunes
big mac
windows
fire the fox
explore the net
catch the fish...wrong net.
Frustrations and futile attempts
whatever I do it's never enough
no computer cure in my near future
expectations lowered
in the interwebnet dungeon
cyberspace cellar
linear limbo
dump the garbage in the bin
escape
exit
minimize
investing in paper and pen
calling
real time words
hugging
breathing through lungs
enough with the mother-boarding and hard driving
free at last
ya, right...I'll FB you when the virus is gone
9 comments:
Yes, I'm your friend now and I will be when it's gone.
thanks Lou!
A great poem, reflecting our anxieties and times. Well done! Viruses and meltdowns remind us of all we have lost (pen, paper, hugs, eye contact) in the process of gaining so much (meeting people like you I would never come across otherwise, the ether, instantaneous communication).
I don't know. I think Bill Gates might ACTUALLY be watching... He's rich AND creepy.
That sucks!!!!
I'm still your friend. It would take a lot more than a silly virus to scare me away! - G
Sarah: thank you for your compliment and thank you for being my Australian internet friend :)
Dr Heckle: I'll keep my eyes open for mr Bill...got any heckles with him? I love your blog, btw.
G: good...my insecurities live on my sleeve, don't they?
PEACE and sunshine today!
~L
have a better day!
And another thing ... I think it's funny whenever I look at your 'my friends live here' spot and there's lil ol me - right out on the edge of the Indian Ocean! (Sarah)
Post a Comment