6/1/10

2 more to WIN the CUP

Keeping with my current Chicago theme (the Blackhawks beat the Flyers tonight), and before I finish my second installment (read this for part one), I pulled this out of my rough draft pile to share some thoughts I recorded after my Chicago photo walk in March.

this city is incredible.
people talk and gesture to themselves while walking.
the stairs to the river walk smell like piss.
Lincoln Park residents were the only pedestrians who made eye contact with me and my greeting.
pigeons are slow to walk, low to fly, and colorful up close.
Chagall rocks.
I love the L.
thrift stores floweth over with used goodness.
buildings are marked with a name on their exterior which has nothing to do with their interior contents (the chicago cultural center lives in the former chicago public library).
many outdoor clocks.
six street intersections can be puzzling to the newly initiated.
your sales taxes are double mine.
drivers like their horns.
a river runs through it.
there's only one michigan ave bridge :)
the big body of water is on the east side instead of the west.
I heard a lady call the bean a shiny silver ball.
crazy photographers aren't given a second look.
statues and domes and gargoyles, oh my.

and my awesome family and friends let me visit...sometimes.
future chicago resident,
L



3 comments:

Lceel said...

Sometime, when you're coming to the area, you need to let me know. We'll photo walk Chicago together. It's something I LOVE doing.

Anonymous said...

yay for "crazy photographers"!

~L said...

Lou: I've never 'walked' with another photographer...thanks for the offer.

V: I was referring to myself when I wrote 'crazy' because after a while I stopped noticing my surroundings if I wasn't looking at it through my view finder. At least I wasn't talking to myself...that day :)

peace out homies!
L