2/7/11
super sunday
It’s called periwinkle, the color of these letters. I feel periwinkle now, after drinking white wine with my bff. After mourning her Steelers’ loss to the cheese heads and laughing at glee and singing ‘she’s not there’ at the top of our old lungs in front of her husband and teenage son. Great Zombies song, btw.
So home now with my small family, minus one sweet daughter. Home in the kitchen with the heater kickin on and the freezer making more cubes. Home with energy to spare after a sleepless night of on beck and call, and a full day of on the job firefighting. You know I’m not a firefighter, right? Nurses put out fires just as articulately as hose hounds, with one exception…our fires may smolder for weeks until snuffed out, maybe months…
Only saw one quarter of the super game, the last one. Caught glimpses as I hurried past the tv in the common area at work, on my way to typing notes, taking blood pressures, and refilling my coffee mug. A day in the life. I love my coworkers. I do. Their compassion pours from their skin like the summer sweat of a sunbather wearing a baby oil coat. I am blessed and honored to work alongside humans who believe what I do, see what I do, know what we are here to do, want to learn more of what we can do. Maybe you’ve met these incredible souls along your journey. I hope so. My life at work is fuller than I expected; I’ve jumped the 6 month hurdle at my third nursing job and I feel settled. One goal reached. Several works in process.
A place that has to be believed to be seen~U2
What you got you can’t deny it, can’t sell it or buy it…U2
Love you . Peace. ~L
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We have nurses in our family. We KNOW how special Nurses are. We know.
"Their compassion pours from their skin like the summer sweat of a sunbather wearing a baby oil coat."
now, how on earth does one come up with a line like that? ^_^
drink + laughter + inhibition + friends = unconscious creativity
Post a Comment