10/4/11

How did I get here?

I am the face of depression. 
I am the face of mental illness.

I am the face of mental health.
I am the face of recovery.

I am the face of emotion.
I am the face of misunderstanding.

I am the face of change.
I am the face of passion.

I am the face of humanity.
I am the face of generosity.

I am the face of frustration.
I am the face of negativity.

I am the face of a wife.
I am the face of a mother.

I am the face of a sister.
I am the face of a daughter.

I am the face of family.
I am the face of your friend.

I am the face of creativity.
I am the face of a nurse.

I am the face of reality.

No longer can I hide. 
No longer may I crawl away.

I started writing here two years ago, when I felt like I found buried treasure.  My writing voice tucked away and safely stored.  My passion, masked by the veil I so proudly learned to cover my inadequacies.  My feeling, my soul, my longing for more, all gradually reappeared as I looked inside myself, as I honestly asked, and stubbornly demanded answers.  I have some now.  I will hear more soon.  I’m on the path of redemption.  I am serving penance for my missing years.  Years began a lifetime ago this month.  Years I was granted by God and years I lived unconsciously, mind and soul split into pieces, like torn paper floating downstream.  I was lost and now I’m found.  Or something equally dramatic and less prophetic.  How did I get here?

1 comment:

Lceel said...

I don't know how you've gotten here - but I'm so glad I found you. I don't know how you've gotten here, but I'm glad you found your way to where you are. I don't know how you've gotten here, but this reality you've found your way to is just like everybody else's - many faceted, painful, glorious, hopeful, ugly, beautiful, but mainly .. what you are willing to make of it.

And someday, when we meet, you've got a great big HUG coming.