1/7/10

Day#7: Restart and reboot yourself.

Exciting news...I have a second follower!  Thanks friend.  Hope you enjoy.

Haven't worked in a week and lots has happened at home.  First, home feels like home again.  I like having my time to putz around the house in my sweats and un-brushed hair.  Been making lists, checking them thrice.  Been listening to lots of Wilco, our next concert adventure.  Been perusing facebook friends, stalking, if you wish.  Been looking at each new day positively.  Someone may be proud of me, besides me, myself and I.


G-dog and I have spent quality time visiting the vet, twice.  She didn't even pee on the dog scale or when the woman in the white coat stepped into the room.  Good girl.  Today she sat drooling in the backseat while I ordered my soy carmel latte, which earned her two dog treats from the window barista.  Lucky dog!    She's healthy, btw...almost ten= almost 70 in human years.  My elder.

Daughter's home from school for 3 more days, then her world turns sorority. She is our first born and she turns 20 next week.  Good Lord, that's two decades of living...20 years ago I gave birth after 16 laborious hours of bitching at my husband.  At least he says I was quite bearish, I don't remember the details, only the encompassing pain. She successfully birthed and we quietly began our little family.  I was not the girl who dreamed of marriage and babies and picket fences, of any color.  Surprise! Instant mother.  How'd I do?

It's 3:20 in the am, everyone sleeps during the best writing hours.  No interruptions.

Back to the home feeling...checking stuff off my daily lists feels like added value.  I've been missing the value, missing the purpose, the reason.  Even though people show me and tell me and explain to me how life works, I doubt them.  I think of their words and remember the examples.  I appreciate all advice.  In the end I do it my way and let the chips fall.  I've been busy for years, picking up my chips.  Every day I bend a bit less and say wtf and move on.  Egads!  I'm following advice!

Take my new friend Bono for instance...he's singing to me right now about taking only what you can't leave behind and walking on.  Poetic, yes.  Easy to listen to, yes.  Can't wait to see you in concert, yes.  I can only take so much, Bono.  I need to expel you from my consciousness and pull out my instincts, the big guns, and move forward.  OK, maybe I'm leaving someone else behind, but necessary for my soul's survival...now.  Rock on for life.

What else happened at home this week?  Christmas is all gone.  Sent a couple gifts to new friends, awaiting their reaction.  Posted new photos on fb, taken with my new camera, chosen with help from other fb photographers.  Thank you again, I'm enjoying my Cannon Rebel xsi.  Contemplating whether to buy the telephoto lens for the $100 deal by the 16th.  I already spent more than Jeff and I agreed on.   So maybe I've convinced myself that the deal for the lens is too good to pass up.  Uh, do you think Bono would mind if I'm materialistic and self serving just this once, I mean again?

Graciously accepted my new position at work.  No more management-in-training.  Just working 8 hour charge nurse shifts, on a regular schedule.  Now plans can be made and life anticipated.  So I have to begin again, begin getting my groove back. No big whoop.  I can adjust.  My new style wears well so far.  Soon the emperor's new clothes will be paraded in front of the residents.  Hope they can see my beautiful colors!

4:01 am on the clock face...to be continued.

peace

2 comments:

Steve said...

You should take some pictures of the landscape today. Snow all over the trees. I would have taken some yesterday, but it was getting dark out already.

Coming out with the blog, cool. You'll find like me not many people will read it. :)

Their loss right??

Have a good day. :)

~L said...

I have photos of the last storm, just haven't posted them yet. Patience, my friend. :)