Hello and welcome new friends!
And thank you to everyone's generous compliments on my Lake MI beach photo. Our Michigan winter has been cooperative for me and my new camera lens, and I will post many more to come...in all seasons.
Since I am originally from the Chicago suburbs, I love all things windy city. You may have noticed a photo on my home page, right column, of a bean shaped sculpture standing in front of city buildings and skyscrapers.
That's what Chicagoans like to call "The Bean." I took that shot with my camera phone in March 2009, and next month I will return with my telephoto and tripod to properly catch The Bean's reflections. Until then, check out this article written by Stephen Markley in Chicago Now magazine. Mr Markley brings a new meaning to the word indestructible. Enjoy!

6 comments:
I love the Bean, too! I take all out of town guests to see it and the spitting faces. (Let's see if it lets me post this comment.)
you're back!
??spitting faces?
I have never seen the bean, but now I want to!
I thought it was a giant mouse...
I just want to run up to that thing and make funny faces in the reflection! - G
@ Alita: know that your visit to the bean will be lonely if done early morning and filled with other bean fans if spent in the afternoon...very popular.
@Georgina: LOL...do it!
Post a Comment