MOM and DAD, I'M OK.
I appreciate the concerned calls and the assurances of support, but this is life. I feel, deeply sometimes, and I need to get it out of my head and heart and process how to deal. I felt soooo much better after typing that poem and hitting 'publish'. Better enough to go on with my day and the next. And here I am today, writing normally and without blurry eyes and angst. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel again...and write about it.
Enjoy your daughter, she's opening up to you. She wants you to read her. To know her heart. To realize her motives. To see her. No strings attached. No expectations. Just learn. Your eldest daughter is breathing fresh air, healthy oxygen, warm sunshine, and the fruits of YOUR labor. Happy. Smiling. Now.
one of my Dad's former workplaces...
~thought of Dad when I found this shot under the L tracks in the Loop (chicago)
~yes, his name is Frank and he used to show me off at the barber shop when I was a child
(I do listen to your stories Dad!)
~many fond memories of visiting the zoo as a child
(although, not this one)
and this is what my family and I get to witness any day of our week...
God.




2 comments:
Your parents - especially your Dad - must be so proud.
I would be.
L,
you are very sweet.
Post a Comment