We visited brother-in-law G last week at his summer house in Fennville, MI. Jeff's parents were visiting overnight from the chicago burbs so we spent our Saturday an hour south, hanging in the rural-ness of summer scenes. G's cottage is tiny and quaint, filled with green pottery, landscape oils, a miniature wooden sailboat, beach glass and dune rock, figurine birds and fish and deer, and a retro 1950's chrome and formica kitchen table and chairs(I covet). G is an antique dealer, which explains why I love to hang out with him.
While Jeff and Dad were golfing, Mom, G, and I drove to the big lake, stopped at a yard sale, picked up a peach pie at Crane Orchard, and asparagus at the open market. These are the dandelion stairs to the beach...it was overcast and 10 degrees colder at Lake Michigan so we didn't stay long. More pics later.
Meals are always fresh and healthy at G's. Grilled brats, Mom's German potato salad, freshly harvested MI asparagus, beer and warm peach pie. See the orchards at Crane's...that's where we bought a straight-from-the-oven peach pie. The scenery from their parking lot is special. You look over rolling hills of apple, cherry, and who knows what other trees and plants, growing happily for years in a small valley nestled between farmland. Notice the dandelions dancing here too...
Back to our house and more yellow:
Ahem! Yellowstone, 1969 camper...
sits in our driveway awaiting last minute repairs so this outdoor lover can enjoy peaceful forest photography with husband and dog at nearby state park...long overdue!
more yellow photos for You Capture @ I Should be Folding Laundry (and I really should be).
PEACE,
~L





13 comments:
love those 'stairs' interspersed with the flowers....
I love buying asparagus from a farmer's market! What a lovely visit you must be having! - G
yay, campers are awesome! myself, i want a motor home. ^_^
I like the hydrant pic. I seriously almost stopped to take a pic of a hydrant that was similar, but it has been raining non-stop for the last 4 days straight.
shadow: I like your description.
G: (secret) I don't like asparagus but I do like shopping at farmer's markets. :)
V: we camped lots when the kids were younger...I love the MI state parks. This time it's all about the adults and ginger-dog. (btw: we talked about buying a motor home to drive the US during retirement)
Alita: rain rain go away!
PEACE FRIENDS,
~L
Love the dandelion stairs, and love the camper!
I SO wish I had one of those! I'd probably run away from home for a couple of months in one :P
that's cool that you did all your writing in yellow also :). love the flower shots - they are always my favorite!
come on over and visit my page, if you get a chance :). my yellow shots are posted now also.
The danelion staris - I love them. And peach pie - Yum.
My family had a similar camper when I was a kid. I miss it still.
great photos and narrative. Brats and potato salad are now a must.
I love the steps with the yellow flowers sprouting all around!
I love the hydrant shot - the balance? the color? the beautiful grass? love it.
This is the first time I'm visiting your lovely blog. I've joined the You Capture by accident :) and love it already.
Lovely photos. The one with the stairs is just beautiful.
http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/05/jingles-may-follower-award-week-2.html
enjoy some fun!
Post a Comment