I saw her colors
smelled the approaching rain
learned a red winged song
spied red tails hawking
did not feed the elk in the grove
along the road traveled well
through four states
of spring
blankets of spring greens
winning the leaf race
dotting landscape and every pane of glass
reflecting welcome relief
and anticipated renewal blues fading to blueberries
and fluffy skies
bare branches extending arms
toward lengthened light
paint strokes on shade trees
yellow, orange, red, brown
black slashes on trunks of white
standing ground
delicately mounted in fresh soil
hanging at the edge of Heaven
season's portrait
'Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.'
--Frank Lloyd Wright











10 comments:
Cool Pics!!
Isn't nature the center of your being? I'm a BIG nature lover... hence your pictures are such a breath of fresh air.
Great pictures; they capture spring so well--fresh, just a touch cold, emerging green.
another delightful collection. on the warm slightly overcase days we've been having in the north lately, i've been remarking on how beautiful it is this time of year. i see you share in the delight. ^_^
The pictures and words flow beautifully together - I love when I am able to just sit and truely appreciate and soak in the nature around me. A beautiful work.
Oh my. What a lovely post - text and pictures both.
Hi there, thanks for signing up at my site. I like your photos and what you write also. If you dont' mind, I'm going to tag along
thanks!
This is a great post all around.
I love the seagull shot! So funny :)
Love the Elk Grove elk compound area. We bike the Busse Trail several times a year just to see the elk.
Post a Comment