breathe in
straighten back
double down and think
pull over
begin the shot
into the wind
ignore the racers
attend to the weeds
against whispering wind
give up the day to the bend
leave your mark
on the side of the road
covered in fox tails and ragweed
hiding in plain sight
from autumn's edge
aroma of arrogance fades
shrugged off the shoulders of should
haves and have nots
on the passenger side
going places
nowhere fast
preoccupation persuades patterns
leaving
staying
going
coming
on a wing and a prayer
riding the warm wind
possibility
of persistence
and pattern
peaks
peaks
blanket
protect
run into the light
of darkness
where you search the forest from the trees
be still
be still
and know thyself
stand
stand
2 comments:
What are you trying to do to me? I want to enjoy the photos and yet I want to feel the poem - so hard to do both at the same time.
I must develop an ambidextrous mind.
yeah, me too. I've been rediscovering this entry for a few days. Haphazard and healing. Breathing while drowning. Thinking about feeling. framed and forgiven. Ambidextrous indeed.
~L
Post a Comment