my month. my birth. my anniversary of blogging. so many events, so little time.
last year I remember being very very pissed off about not getting my birthday off from work. I vented on facebook and my friends rallied to my immature rant. My junior high friends met as we had planned and sang to a piece of cake with my candle sticking out of it. the picture is my memory of number 43. number 44 will be different, will set a precedent, will foreshadow future.
happy birthday to my blog. been blogging since october 2009. sounds like a restaurant slogan. millions of words typed, thousands of readers, hours of hoping. actually, happy anniversary to jb, my french class friend who convinced this lost soul to give it a go. jb, you rock! and you roll too. bothering him today with voicemails about U2 songs as I drive to work, I thank God for open minded friends like this one. Someone who barely knows me realizes my soul needs sensible suggestion, and those who've grown in the same garden continue to question my motives.
When does Lorraine feel sound? what mountain has to erupt for Lorraine to mean more than a pile of potential? when does my rainbow wrap around their golden pot of expectations? never. nada. not gonna happen. I am not giving into conformity. I'm staying true to myself. I'm ready and willing to accept my consequences...like I teach my children, like I reteach myself. Reading, writing, realizing. Seeing, feeling, capturing the clouds on my way to work and the stars above the corn fields. Listening to John Mellencamp sing about mortality and promises broken. Meeting old friends dressed in new cloaks. Speaking up to myself and listening to every word. Showing true colors and allowing muddling. Collecting coins for my fountain. Ringing my bells, louder than ever. Loud enough for all of the extensions of myself to hear, from sea to shining sea, from earth into heaven, from the Little Prince's planet to the big man's bedside.
Bear down and grin and bear it. Sunday night football makes all things right. night night!
peace,
~L

4 comments:
October '09? Wow, I feel like I have known you much, much longer than that... What a trip. Here's looking forward to another year (or ten).
My dear and darling woman. I owe your friend, whomever that was that encouraged you to start blogging, a vote of thanks. I'm glad you started. Don't stop. I would miss you.
And a very happy 44th Birthday to you.
Congratulations! It really is an amazing thing when you think about all the people you have touched and been touched by through blogging, all because one person gave you the nudge to start writing. Like LceeL, I too am glad that someone got you started on this amazing path! - G
I love you all through the thick, thin, and not so classy. Peace be with you and yours always.
~Lorraine
Post a Comment