I saw a friend at the pub today. She is newly divorced. She easily explained her situation to my friend and I. Sounded like she's thought about her position frequently. She says her husband came home one day and said I've filed for divorce and I'm moving out. She was angry at him for not talking to her about it first. She knew he was fooling around for a few months but he denied any problem when she approached him. She suggested they get counseling and he denied the need. There was something wrong and now they are divorced and their four children are involved also. The children are always involved. That cannot be avoided. Even though they are teenagers and older, their world is turned around without their permission and they are challenged again in their young lives. Lots to learn and lots to lose for them
My friend looks well and talks positively about her new divorced life. She smiles more than I remember and she talks about how her ex husband couldn't communicate with her. Things are better now, she claims. That was the best decision he made in years, she admits. I admire her strength. I admire her perseverance. I admire her spirit. She is concentrating on getting her high schoolers graduated. Then she says she may think about dating. She has two children in college and two in high school. Her kids grew up with mine. Her ex husband coached my daughter's soccer team. I know this non-communicative man. He was certainly difficult to work with when I managed his team. I know more than I've wanted to know. I know that my friend is living a positive, content life with her four children, without this man and his baggage. Peace be with you friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment