12/17/09

jim beam and ginger ale

I don't care anymore...you'll never know.
Almost sounds like my friend's wtf mantra.  Ok, I'll take it.  I need a slogan for what I am about to embark on.  My job is letting me down, my husband is not living up to my expectations, my son is comfortable in his own limbo world, my daughter is a breath of fresh air.  Summary...I think I can let go a bit and pick up my pieces while my family deals with their own.  Selfish?  Maybe.  Necessary?  Yes.

I go out to the pub without my husband, meet friends, listen to live music and watch my favorite teams.  Drinking is always involved; easier to get to the feel-good.  Easier to find my happy place with alcohol on board.  Can't use the other stuff so gotta' make friends with the grain.  I drank a Boston Lager for the first time last night.  I 'm getting used to JB and ginger.  And used to the morning after.  Will I addict to my habits?  Maybe.

Makes work more challenging, since I feel underused and under appreciated most days at the center.  Too much change, too quickly for me to keep up.  I belong somewhere else.  I am looking.  I don't care anymore...you never know.

No comments: