3/10/10

kudos, shout-outs, and awards, oh my!


Overwhelmed with compliments today...



Georgina @ Olive Me, a must have read whom I stalk daily, handed me my first ever blogging award along with several other bloggers I follow or will now.

 ode to olive juice

Thank you G!
girlfriend.
gorgeous.
giving.
great expectations.
gracious.
going places.
growth.
givahootery.
grins and giggles.
glossary.
generous.
glorious.
Georgina!


Check the list of my peers who I am honored to share kudos with.

One in particular, Vencora @ Coffee with a Hint of Self Delusion, gave me and my humble blog a shout-out...my first one.  I hear you loud and clear V!  I love reading you too and I appreciate your reference to "lots of beautiful pictures" in my chicago, chagall, and choice post.  In addition, Vencora leaves me great comments after I post, including this compliment about the aforementioned chicago themed entry:

"your seemingly random yet unmistakably artistic photo shots are something I relate to. When you appreciate something so much, you see the things that no-one else sees."

EXACTLY!  I had a blast shooting my favorite city and I have many more photos to share later. For understanding my mixed up motives and labeling my shots artistic, I humbly offer my friend V...


Now I pass the buck, share the love, reward the writers whom I read...CHEERS!

Beth @ I Should Be Folding Laundry
(expecting her third child any day, suffered loss of twins, You Capture photo meme, inspires)

Chuck @ Chuck's Adventures
(retired HS English teacher from my almamater, world traveler,  photographer, been blogging since...well, before blogging was a word, generous commenter)

Serenityville @ Aayymee, whatchoo gonna do-o?
(open, funny, inspirational, former European resident, musical)

Cat @ Wait. What?
(honestly beautiful, fellow journeyer, poet, mom)

Sarah Toa @ A WineDark Sea 
(you may find her on a fishing boat in Australia, photographer, writer, reader, historian)

Meghan @ Blackberries to Apples
(20 something single living in NYC, humorous, talented, southern)

For supplying me with future fodder and interesting ideas, for entertaining my senses, for encouraging me to encourage, for allowing me to comment and follow and join your journeys, for your public displays of honesty, for teaching and touching me, for helping me grow and fly and explore, for YOU...BEAUTIFUL BLOGGERS...



Marc Chagall, 1972

5 comments:

Wait. What? said...

Thank you for this, but more for your comments taht give me insight into and remind me of how younger people think. Really it is invaluable for me having a son a few years younger than you.

Much love

Cat

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry said...

This is awesome! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Lceel said...

You, it would seem, have a very good eye. I think I will like it here.

Anonymous said...

wow. so very flattering. ^_^ thank you!

i think i love blogger a little more each day. we certainly have fun a nice selection of awesome people to connect with on here. and just think, there will be more!

sarah toa said...

It is so flattering!!
Sorry, I have been AWOL from blogs and missed this post.