8/31/10

calm before the storm?


brown speckled seagull
fighting warm wind
dancing with the water
in the sunshine's heat
visitors parked at peninsula's tip
fishing poles plopped into the drink
quietly queued sailboats
sunburst sand dunes
protect, reflect, return to home
changing scenery
people come and people go
shadows rotate the horizon
light piercing a hole through my shades
climbing into my mind's eye
winching wider
searching for the light at the end of this tunnel
looking for who I'll be in a few hours
left holding my bag of tricks
talented tricks used only for good
quickly breathe before you bobble
no bobbling allowed
no emotion or opinion
we have all been here before
wait a minute...I get it
boundaries and fences surviving through each blizzard
patterns of building blocks interpreted with care
I may be making this up, self fulfilling prophecy
the brown speckled seagull still sits to my left
returning from sky romping and fish finding
sustainability simplified
securely sound on that faded yellow line
every time the same line, the same curb, the same stance
predictable yet likeable
symbolism sucks.








No comments: